Genuine LG Fridge Filter FSS-002 / 5231JA2010C / 5231JA201B
The LG 5231JA2010C Inline Filter is a great choice for anyone with a fridge that uses an external inline filter.
The quick connect fittings make replacement a snap, and the carbon filter media produces pristine water that tastes great and is free from foul odor. Add one to your basket and realize the benefits of a new filter today!
- Reduces sediment and chlorine taste & odor
- Designed to attach directly to the 1/4″ water line feeding into your fridge
- 1/4″ John Guest Fittings for easy installation and replacement
- 5500 Litre Capacity
- Recommended replacement every 6 months
The GENUINE 5231JA2010C is comparable with the following part numbers
The 5231JA2010B (3890JC2990A) refrigerator filter is compatible with the following LG fridges:
Some manufacturers use the same fridge model number for fridges supplied with both internal and external filter systems, please make sure that your fridge uses an External water filter before ordering this item.
Installation and replacement procedure for the 5231JA2010B fridge water filter:
- Turn off the cold water supply.
- Remove the tubing from the ends of the old filter. Note: Take precautions as water will drain from the filter and pipes.
- Discard the old water filter.
- Align the new water filter with the water flow direction.
- Insert tube into the end of the filter that the flow arrow points until the tube stop.
- After inserting tube, put together the clip strongly.
- Repeat on the other end of the filter.
- Turn on the water supply.
- Use the fridge dispenser to ensure that any air pockets are removed.
- Check for any leaks.
- Reset the “change filter” indicator light, if your fridge has one.
When to change a filter: There is a replacement indicator light for the water filter cartridge on the digital panel. The filter cartridge should be replaced when the filter light comes on, or every 6 months, or if you notice a decrease in flow of water.